Back in Dundee now. Had a wonderful (if short) holiday with my wonderful girlfriend. :)
My holiday to the "Pawson Compound" and Shawn and Stacey's "It's Not A Wedding It's A Picnic"
I ate and drank:
- Orange-chicken kebabs. + (Also helped to prepare this.)
- Steak. +++
- Barbecued salmon with brown sugar. ++
- A lovely cheese and potato dish. +++
- "Turkey in a can". +
Smoked salmon and raw salmon with lime mayonnaise thing.-- (Didn't eat more than a bite or two.)
- White wine. + (Had a bit too much of this on Friday. My glass kept following me around and getting more full. Strange, that.
- Champagne. ++
- Pulled pork, barbecue chicken, beef brisket, courtesy of "Dinosaur Barbecue". ++
- Wedding cheesecake. +++
- Chicken Caeser Salad from an airport fast-food joint. --- (Yuck.)
- Saw a field full of fireflies at night. Simply breathtaking.
- Has my feet gnawed off by horrid bitey things.
I met (for the first time):
- Keirstan's godmother and her husband. Fascinating, friendly, open-minded people with stories to tell from New Zealand to Canada.
- Keirstan's father's siblings. Ranged from slightly scary to very friendly. Colin is very friendly and funny.
- Keirstan's cousin, Elizabeth. Very friendly. Talked about Canadian politics a bit. Seems very happy for Keirstan. :D
- Lots of Stacey's relatives. Didn't really get talking to them much.
- Shawn and Stacey's friends. Kind of the same. Several were interested in the kilt, but tiredness seemed to prevent any conversation starting up.
- Java the dog. Very sweet. Keirstan might know better what kind of breed he is.
Other things I did
- Did I mention watching those fireflies?
- Fell asleep at Keirstan's feet by the fire-pit.
- Lay in a hammock with Keirstan.
- Played badminton with Mario.
- Practised some break-falls in the garden when no-one was looking. Still suck at left-handed ones.
- Travelled with no checked-in luggage. Much recommended. :)
- Wore my kilt.
- Some very enjoyable things that I needn't elaborate upon. ;)
Things I did not do
- Get a chance to get in the hot-tub. :(
Um... Anything I missed? I'm rather tired, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Now I'm all excited looking forward to Keirstan visiting here in less than three weeks' time. I love you Keirstan!